When should I get professional tax planning assistance?

The following events are good times to check with your tax planner:

  • Before the sale of property
  • Sale/exchange of stocks, bonds, mutual funds
  • Higher education for children
  • Marriage
  • Divorce or separation
  • Moving out of state
  • Change in employment status
  • Retirement
  • Death in family
  • Purchase of new home

What are your rates for tax planning and/or preparing my tax return?

Since everyone’s financial situation is different, it is nearly impossible to give standardized rates for our services on this web site. Contact us by phone at (916) 372-8577 or by e-mail. Once we know more about your situation and exactly what kind of planning or preparation you need, we can give you an idea of how much our services will cost.

What if I’m audited?

Rochelle Margucci, Enrolled Agent Inc. can represent you for a nominal fee. We can help you limit the scope of the audit and avoid additional issues.

How long should I keep my financial records?

Receipts, cancelled checks and other documents that prove an item of income or a deduction appearing on your return should be kept for four years from the filing date. Some records should be kept indefinitely, such as property records.

How do I send my papers, receipts, invoices, bank deposits, and other documentation to you?

Rochelle Margucci,Enrolled Agent Inc.has been designed to be as paperless as possible. We assist our client in becoming paperless and avoid the huge stacks of binders and file folders that affect almost every bookkeeping department since the dawn of man. We also have Secure File Storage and Cloud Access for the convenience and security of our clients.

I haven’t had my books done for months…..or years….how do we catch up?

Our monthly fees start at the first month you want your books done. Once we catch you to the present we can add other services for the future, but the initial low monthly fee will be what we charge for those catch up months. We can go back as far as you want. You can review our bookkeeping pricing here too.

What if I get a letter from the IRS or the Franchise Tax Board that I don’t understand?

Before you respond to any tax agency letter, call us first! These letters are often just a “query” and don’t necessarily have all the facts. We can help decipher the “tax language” they use in their letters, and help you respond to any correspondence. Remember, they only receive income documents, not the entire story.

Ultimate tax accounting, consulting and compliance services – for businesses and individuals!